- Apples are red, green, and yellow in color.
- It takes 2 lbs. of apples to make one 9-inch pie.
- 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
- 7,500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world.
- Apples are fat, sodium, and cholesterol free.
- A medium apple is about 80 calories.
- One apple has five grams of fiber.
- The apple variety ‘Red Delicious' is the most widely grown in the United States.
- One of George Washington's hobbies was pruning his apple trees.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
Source: University of Illinois Extension Apples and More