Peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies
1 cup chunky peanut butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup chocolate chips
Optional: ½ cup chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix ingredients in order listed, adding the optional peanuts, if desired.
3. Drop dough by rounded spoonful onto unto an
greased cookie sheet.
4. Press more chocolate chips into dough if desired.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes or until underside of cookie is brown.
6. Cool on baking rack for about 10 minutes.
Not only will baking keep the kids occupied on snow days, they’ll love being able to eat what they bake as well.
This recipe was also posted on my food column on Examiner.com. You can find it here.